Thursday, October 1, 2009

Australia - Part 5


I know that you have all been waiting for me to finish my postings of Australia (all 3 of you who read my blog) so here it is. We were able to go to the Australian Zoo and see some of the native animals from the area. There were several zoos that we could have gone to but I really wanted to go to Steve Irwin's Zoo. It was great!


It was so amazing to have the kangaroos eat right out of your hand. I loved it!! Their fur is really soft and they are very sweet... we were only warned about one thing. "Don't step on their tail!!!" It can be used as a weapon.


Here we are with our guide. We actually walked through the zoo with a guide. It wasn't very much extra, but we learned so much more than if we had done it on our own.


And of course, we couldn't leave without seeing and touching a Koala Bear. They are very sleepy little guys and we are only allowed to touch them on their backside. It is one of those things that you will never forget! Too Cute!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That would be so cool to touch kangaroos and koalas.